Friday, November 28, 2008

Why Can't I Reach Mind Awake / Body Asleep! Help

I just woke up from attempting to OBE. I started at 2:00 PM. I started to relax myself. I inhaled and exhaled and pictured every part of my body relaxing. Nothing happend. I just kept getting sleepy and sleepy. I kept inhaling and exhaling and tried to relax myself. 50 minutes later at 2:50 PM my body was itching all over and it was very hot. I also became tired of laying in the same position for 50 minutes! I kinda gave up there because I don't think it would take 50 minutes to relax my body. I tried to lift up my hand and it was reall.y heavy and then I tried to lift up my legs and also was very heavy. How do I relax my body until the point where I get the pre-projection signs like buzzing and vibrations. For 50 minutes that I was trying to reach the mind awake body asleep state nothing happens except my body gets really heavy. Then I get tired of laying in the same position for so long and just gave up. I tried everything to relax my body. I kept telling myself I will have an OBE but nothing.

1 comment:

AstralZ said...

Here are the things I'm looking at as to creating the right situation for an OBE:

-Time of day
-Timing of food eaten prior to attempt
-Amount of sleep before attempting
-Activities over the last 24 hours

There are probably more, but this is what I'm focusing on.

It sounds like you are focusing very heavily on relaxation. I think that this is key if you are going to attempt during the day as you did, but relaxing your body for 50 minutes is way overkill IMO. Do a solid, concentrated 15 min relaxation routine and then move into trying to get yourself into trance or into the near-sleep state.

Lately I'm almost trying to fall asleep and then catch myself just before I do so. I do this by spending the time I'm waiting to fall asleep by doing energy work, energy body loosening, and keeping the INTENT of having an OBE.

Think about attempting in the very early morning after about 5-6 hours of sleep. Entering the mind-awake/body-asleep state in the middle of the day is POSSIBLE but more advanced IMO.

I'd recommend you check out Energy Work by Robert Bruce and the SaltCube videos. I'm also using Mastering Astral Projection by Robert Bruce and it is very good.

Most important of all, don't let lack of success upset you or you will not succeed.